Who the hell I am?
In a few words, I'm a passionate self-educated engineer. I'm a dreamer. I'm a travel addict. I love playing music and I believe in Arts.
As developer I believe in an open-source world where everybody can share their creations. As dreamer I believe in an open world where people can share their ideas.
Alright. I grew up in the South of France but I stay stick on the roads as much as I can. I always tried to learn everything I could on my own because in my experience, it's the best way to grow up.
After working on some projects, testing many programming languages, I started to work in aerospace industry then I reoriented myself to the web.
See My Resume (PDF)
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you've fed him for a lifetime."
CEO | Fullstack web engineer / Vue / React / Node
WNKL, a Website and App development company
January 2021 - Now
Conception of many (non-exhaustive list) personal and profesional projects.
- Creation of Mixider , a platform for creating playlists from YouTube, Soundcoud, Dailymotion and so on.
- Creation of wAudio, a modern audio processing app boilerplate.
- Creation of Svalbox , an innovative and impressive virtual try-on.
- Development of the backend part of Shaft, a modern data-visualisation app.
- Development of modules, widgets and rebuild of some core features of BeMyApp , a hackathon and video conferences platform.
- Development of the backend part of a multi-purpose booking app for Gerard Bertrand.
Angular Architecture Audio API AWS Express.js Firebase MongoDB Next.js Node.js Nuxt.js React SQL Tailwind Vue.js
IT Manager / Lead Developer
Polette BV, an e-commerce eyewear platform
August 2015 - October 2020
Conception and maintenance of an e-commerce platform based on Magento, including a website and a mobile application connected through a GraphQL API.
In addition to being lead developer in many projects, I created and managed the IT team (several developers and a UX designer).
Conception of a custom migration tool from Magento 1 to Magento 2 for the Production website, including:
- the tool itself, developped and tested on several Test platforms using huge datasets
- some MySQL scripts for database migration
- the total restructuring of the platform including new algorithms with improved maintainability
Conception of Product Management modules (frontend / backend), including:
- the stock management
- some custom product options that improve the frontend display
- the suppliers and internal reorder management
- some custom Vue.js components displaying custom product options and variants
- the eye glass prescriptions management including a form Vue.js component with prescription validation algorithm, another rendering Vue.js component and some backend algorithms about handling and storage of these prescriptions
Conception of Customer Service modules (frontend / backend), including:
- a client-side routed contact form Vue.js component
- the transactional email management and routing towards external support platforms
- the whole rebuilding of the order status flow
- a Vue.js reordering component
Conception of Merchandising modules (frontend / backend), including:
- a "master" interface about managing the products in showrooms, creating reorders and dealing with the suppliers
- a "slave" interface for the merchandising inside the showrooms
- a tool printing QRcodes by products that can be scanned in the mobile application
Conception of Logistics modules (frontend / backend), including:
- the development of the whole Logistics platform, from order validation to shipping
- the order conception / assembling tracking including automatic transactional emails
- the integration of some carrier API about the shipping management
- the development of Magento custom shipping & payment methods
Complete redesign of the frontend based on Node.js. To do this, I developed a custom framework based on Express.js, including aweb socket management (real-time client / server notifications) and clustering (software load-balancing on the server's CPUs).
This framework integrates many features, all developed from end to end, such as:
- a whole ORM (based on MongoDB)
- a service-oriented architecture
- the internationalisation management
- a routing system using applicative middlewares (like the graphQL API, the website, a payment endpoint, image cache, ...)
- a custom Backoffice that makes possible to manage the whole content of the website (custom CMS layer)
- frontend templating system using Bootstrap 4, jQuery and Vue.js
Conception of a full GraphQL API on top of the RESTful Magento 2 API fixing many known Magento bugs and bringing other custom functionalities.
Conception of a Vue.js virtual tryon component that uses the camera to display glasses on top of the customer face in real time, including:
- a face tracker using machine learning (external package)
- a Threejs 3D rendering component
- a swiping component (like Facebook or Instagram filters) making possible to select different colors and tints
Management tasks and DevOp:
- architect: conception of all hardware and software platforms, database design
- project manager: management and monitoring of projects for my team and myself
- team manager: making sure my team evolve in the best working conditions
- QA engineer: ticket management, unit and end-to-end tests
Living Objects, a network analytics platform
March 2014 - October 2014
Conception of web-based applications dedicated to Network Performance Management
- some improved jQuery select components with DOM lazy-loading
- the migration from jQuery to React.js using tested algorithms about data handling
Help about developing some server-side graphic libraries (charts & maps).
Help about developing software and maintaining distributed network architectures.
First use of Docker, React.js and remote work.
Thales Alenia Space, a French-Italian aerospace manufacturer
September 2010 - June 2013
Implementation of multi-threading and access methods in an open-source satellite telecommunication system emulation distributed platform called OpenSand.
Reseach and development about the addition of a network layer transferring Internet data through a satellite signal
Drafting of specifications and specifications for V-model monitoring, including possible scenarios and the various algorithms to be set up and tested.
Development and maintenance of a network application distributed on several physical machines, one of which corresponding to the satellite.
Research of end-to-end data encoding and validation algorithm, tests and development.
Algorithmic Automake C C++ Fonctional tests IPC Linux Multi-threadind Network Shell scripting UML Unit tests V-model
Vacancy Developer / Project Manager
CNES, the French government space agency
May 2010 - August 2010
Conception of a remote iPod application driving a model of the space robot sent to Mars (Rover MSL / Curiosity) and an associated 3D simulator.
Team management (6 developers) and their assigned projects for 1 month, as part of a school project.
Lead developer of the global project, which followed a vacant position of developer within CNES.
Design and development in C / C ++ / Objective-C of the iPod application, including:
- the source code migration from C# to Objective-C
- the piloting of the robot
- the triggering of automated tasks
- the robot's camera stream displayed in full screen on the application
Addition of functionalities to remotely control a software 3D simulator of the robot trough the WiFi.
API C C# C++ Mac OS X Mobile application Objective-C Project management Team management UML V-model
EADS Astrium, the European aeronautic defence and space company
January 2009 - Now
Restructuring of the testing environment of electronic cards embeded in racks, improvement of testing tools and updating of an owner programming language.
Automate Flex / Bison Lex / Yacc Linux Parsing Shell scripting
Engineering Degree (Development & Telecom Networks)
ENSEEIHT, a top-ranking French engineering school in computer sciences
September 2010 - June 2013
2-year post A-level course (HNC)
Limayrac Institute, a school in computer sciences for industry and services
September 2008 - June 2010
Promotion major 3th Academic position
French A-level in sciences (Mathematics, Physics & Biology)
Pierre-Paul Riquet Institute
September 2005 - June 2008